The Council has responsibility for various local services, for example:
- Consultation on planning applications - We encourage those intending to submit an application to the Planning department at The Vale
District Council to discuss them with the Parish Council at an early stage. We may be able to help you to avoid unnecessary errors which serve to downgrade the quality of the application. There is an
opportunity to do this in the Open Forum at every monthly meeting – usually at 8.00pm. If in doubt, please contact any member of the Council.
- Trustees of the Jubilee Field and with responsibility for maintenance of play equipment
- Ownership of the Old Schoolroom building and provision of a minimum of four of the Trustees of the Uffington Museum Trust.
- General village upkeep
- Issues of flooding
- Renting of Parish Allotments
- Managing the The Burial Ground
- Consultation over footpaths and their access.
- Emergency Planning and management (under development)