The Council provides various local services, including:
- We comment on virtually all planning applications and so are able to provide a Parish Council perspective through consultation on planning
applications. We encourage those intending to submit an application to the VOWHDC Planning department to discuss it with the Parish Council at an early stage. We may be able to help you to
understand the Neighbourhood Plan implications and avoid unnecessary errors which only serve to downgrade the quality of the application. There is an opportunity to discuss your application in the
Open Forum at every monthly Council meeting – usually at 8.00pm. [6pm by Zoom during the Covid pandemic] If in doubt, please contact the Clerk any member of the
- As trustees of the Jubilee Field we have responsibility for maintenance of play equipment and general maintenance of the field, trees, pond and
- As owners of the Old Schoolroom building, we provide a minimum of four of the Trustees of the Uffington Museum Trust.
- We coordinate and provide general village upkeep including tree maintenance, grass mowing and watercourse maintenance on parish council owned and controlled land.
- We monitor and record issues of local flooding. We record local flooding which is often not shown on the official maps as many of these are
- We own and rent out the Parish Allotments.